Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Summer Sangria

 A few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to meet a few friends at the Jersey Shore Wine Festival in Lakewood, New Jersey.

If you like wine, do yourself a favor and go to this event next year!

For $20, you get tastings of many different Jersey wineries.  There are also vendors, food, and music.  It's a great way to spend a Saturday!

One of the wineries was Monroeville, where I bought 3 bottles.  Clearly, I liked their wine!  One of the wines I was surprised I liked was their Apple wine.  I thought it would be overly sweet, but it really wasn't. 

So, the wheels started turning, and I started thinking about how it would make a great sangria.

Now, you could use any fruit infused wine for this, or even just a reisling for moscato.  But it was super easy and really delicious and refreshing for a hot summer day!


Summer Sangria
1 bottle Apple wine (or sweet wine of your choice)
1/4 cup Triple Sec
1 bag of mixed frozen fruit (I used mango, raspberry, pineapple and strawberry)
Club soda

In a large pitcher, combine wine, Triple Sec and fruit.  Refrigerate for about a half hour to let the fruit begin to thaw in the wine. 

Pour into glasses and top with a splash of club soda.

No comments:

Post a Comment