Thursday, December 10, 2015

Easiest Appetizer Ever: Mexican Dip Cups

So.  I needed a tailgating snack.  I didn't want to have to heat up anything but I wanted something fun.

I had toyed with 7 layer dip, though to be honest I'm super picky and don't love everything in it.  And then I saw on Pinterest single serve cups of dip.  And an idea was born.

These are portable, easy, and totally customizable.  The recipe I used made about 17 small plastic cups, and I brought along a bag of Tostitos to accompany them.  Make sure to get the wide mouthed plastic cups though, so it's easier to dip!



Mexican Dip Cups 
Makes 17 Cups

2 cans fat free refried beans
2 containers of Wholly Guacamole
1 packet of low sodium taco seasoning
one bag of 2% Mexican blend shredded cheese (I didn't use the whole bag)
1 1/2 jars pineapple salsa (or salsa of choice)
2 small containers of lowfat sour cream


In a bowl, mix the beans and the taco seasoning.  In a separate bowl, combine the two containers of guacamole.

Then just start layering!

I did a layer of beans, then guacamole, then salsa, then sour cream, and then cheese.

Tip: Have all your ingredients set up in a line - I had these done in about 20 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment