Sunday, October 19, 2014

Honeyed Goat Cheese and Blueberry Flatbread - 21 Day Fix Friendly!

I'm a sucker for sweet and salty, and so when I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I was more than a little intrigued.  I also thought it would be pretty easy to adapt to the 21 Day Fix!

Naan bread isn't on the list for the yellow containers, however in my research, I've noticed quite a few 21 Day Fix friendly recipes using it.  The consensus seems to be as long as it's got an ingredient list you can read and has real ingredients, go for it.  However, this could also be made with a whole wheat pita!

I swapped the prosciutto for low sodium, fat free ham as well.  Round this off with a side of veggies (I chose a green full of brussel sprouts) and it's a filling and delicious meal!

Honeyed Goat Cheese and Blueberry Flatbread
(Adapted From In Sock Monkey Slippers)

1/2 Naan bread
1 blue of crumbled goat cheese
1 tsp. of honey (instead of using it in coffee)
2 slices (1/3 red) of low sodium, fat free ham
1/4 purple of blueberries
Sprinkle of fresh thyme leaves 

In a small bowl, combine the goat cheese and honey until creamy.  Spread mixture on the Naan bread.  Top with the 2 slices of ham, torn into pieces, and the 1/4 purple of blueberries. Sprinkle on the fresh thyme.

Bake at 475 for 10-15 minutes, until crust is brown.

Containers

1 yellow
1/3 red
1/4 purple
1 blue
1 tsp. honey

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment