Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Pumpkin Pie Apple Oats

Surprise!  It's a day in autumn ending in "y" so clearly, this post is about pumpkin.

Specifically, pumpkin pie oats.

Now that it's colder in the mornings, I've been craving warm breakfasts.  And oatmeal is always one of my favorites.  The quick cooking oats are perfect for a chilly morning, the apples provide some sweetness, and the cinnamon and pumpkin are super comforting.

I used Stevia for sweetener, but really it was only because I was out of both maple syrup and honey.  Both would be delicious! 

I topped my oats with some Trader Joe's Super Seed Blend and some organic sunflower butter, and it was a super hearty and filling breakfast!

For more great recipe ideas, check out the What's Cookin' Wednesday Link Party at Buns in My Oven!


Pumpkin Pie Apple Oats
Serves 1

1 cup unsweetened cashew milk (or milk of choice)
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 chopped apple
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 packets of Stevia (or sweetener of choice)

Bring milk to a boil in a small saucepan.  Once it boils, add the oats.  Stir occasionally, for about 1-2 minutes or until oats thicken.  Once thickened, remove from heat.  Add in pumpkin, pumpkin spice, apple, vanilla and Stevia.  Combine and add your favorite toppings!

No comments:

Post a Comment