Tuesday, August 26, 2014

3 Day Refresh - Day 1

All the details!

Word of warning, definitely do this on a day when you are busy.  If I had been sitting home it would have been a huge challenge not to snack!

So I started off with a vegan chocolate shakeology with 1/2 a banana.  I had been anxious to try the vegan chocolate and I really liked it! 

My one slight issue is that I'm not a huge fan of using water with Shakeology, but it's temporary so it was fine.

I had a cup of green tea about mid-morning.

Then the Fiber Sweep drink.  Another word of advice: blend it with ice.  It's a funky consistency but blending it with ice makes it better.  It has a slight lemony taste.

A few hours later: lunch!





2 tbsp. of hummus, 5 baby carrots, and the vanilla fresh shake blended with ice and cherries. 

Another cup of herbal tea in the afternoon, and when I got home from my classroom, I snacked on a cup of cucumbers and 2 tbsp. mashed avocado.


This was the toughest time of day for me, because I was home and I'm a snacker.  But I muddled through (with lots of water!).

Dinner was the optional cup of organic veggie stock, along with the recipe for steamed kale with pine nuts and lemon juice, followed by another vanilla fresh shake.

My main issue is the water with the Shakeology because I normally use unsweetened almond milk, but it was still good, just not as thick or creamy I found personally.

So day 1 is almost done, let's see how day 2 goes tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment