Monday, September 1, 2014

Toasted Coconut Pineapple Pie

What better way to end summer than a delicious, creamy, summery pie?

I had found this recipe on Pinterest, and did a bit of tinkering with it. 

And it was delicious!   And super easy to make.

One change I made was just using a storebought graham cracker crust.  In a perfect world, I would have had time to make my own.  Alas.

The consistency was a bit, well not as "set" as I would have liked (probably because I didn't use whole milk), but it was delicious.  I think next time I make it I would probably freeze it and serve it that way.  It would also be great as a parfait layered with graham cracker crumbs!





Toasted Coconut Pineapple Pie
(Adapted from Mostly Homemade Mom)

1 graham cracker crust
1 box of sugar free instant vanilla pudding
1 box of instant coconut pudding
2 cups of almond coconut milk
1 cup of shredded coconut
1 container of light whipped topping, thawed
1 8 oz. can of crushed pineapple, drained


Heat oven to 350.  Spread the coconut on a baking sheet and toast for about 2-5 minutes (keep an eye, it can burn pretty quickly!).

Pour the pudding mixes into a bowl and combine.  Then, add almond coconut milk and and stir until pudding thickens.

Fold in the drained, crushed pineapple, 3/4 of a cup of the coconut, and the whipped topping.

Pour into pie crust, top with the remaining coconut.  Allow to chill for at least an hour in the refrigerator.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment