Sunday, June 1, 2014

It's All About the Prep....

So, in starting (and continuing) the 21 Day Fix, one thing I have learned is that it's all about the prep.  If you are prepared, the program itself is very user friendly and easy to do.

But the prep.

So what I have started doing is setting aside Sundays to really set myself up for the week.  The weeks are CRAZY for me, between work and tutoring and anything else I have going on.  Most days I leave my apartment at about 7 and don't get home until about 6.  So having things ready to go is key for me.

One strategy I use is making grab and go snack bags.  Pictured above are "green" container portions of cucumbers and baby carrots.  This makes it easy at 5:30 in the morning when I'm making my lunch to just toss a couple of bags in there so I'm set up for the day.

Another thing I do in utilize my crockpot and rice cooker.  Often on Sundays I'll make a meal in the crockpot that can work as lunches during the week, and steam either brown rice or quinoa in my rice cooker so I have it prepared to simply throw in a "yellow" container to measure.

These simple tips have really helped me follow this program!

No comments:

Post a Comment