Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Sweet Potato "Hash" with Eggs - 21 Day Fix



One of my favorite meals of the day is breakfast.  So naturally, I have breakfast for dinner.  A lot.

I used to make a version of this "hash" which I loved, and really all I did was modify it a bit to make it a little more fix friendly.

For the sweet potato, I sliced it then and roasted it with 3 tsp. of olive oil (it ended up making three yellow containers) and 2 tsp. each of cumin and chili powder.  Lay on a baking sheet and roast at 400 for about 25-30 minutes (I kept an eye on it).


This is also a great "clean out your fridge" dish.  So basically the breakdown is this.

1 red - 2 poached eggs
1 yellow - roasted sweet potatoes
1 tsp. - olive oil the potatoes were roasted in
1 green - filled with any veggies you have on hand
1/2 blue - shredded cheese of your choice (I used a reduced fat mexican blend)

To poach the eggs, I used a trick I found on Pinterest.  Basically put a tbsp. of water in 2 muffin tin cups and crack an egg.  Bake in a 350 oven for about 15 minutes.  They won't be extremely runny yolk-wise but it was so easy and they were delicious!

For the rest, I simply "fried" up the sweet potatoes in some coconut oil spray and added in the veggies.  Once everything was heated through, I tossed in the cheese to melt it a bit.  Put it all on a plate and top with the eggs!





Super filling and delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment