Saturday, January 3, 2015

Crockpot Banana Peanut Butter Oatmeal for One

I got this little beauty for Christmas!





It's a Lunch Crockpot - perfect for taking on the go and warming whatever you'd like to warm!  Best thing about it is the portion control, it's a single serve container!

In reading up on it, the instructions say that raw food, such as meats, shouldn't be cooked in it.  It's pretty much a warming device.

But, I figured, hey, oats are probably different.  For one, undercooked oats aren't going to hurt you, they are just going to taste not so great. 

So I figured I'd give some oatmeal a shot.  Again, this recipe is for single serve, however you could triple it and make it in a regular crockpot as well, and then just store the leftovers. 

What You Need

1/2 cup of oats
1 cup of milk of your choice (I used unsweetened almond coconut)
1/2 banana
1 tbsp. natural peanut butter







I combined all the ingredients in the single serve bowl, stirred well, and placed it in the crockpot.  I left it for an hour and when I removed the lid, hot and creamy oatmeal was waiting for me!




To top it off, I added a teaspoon of organic honey and a teaspoon of chia seeds.

Great for a cold winter weekend morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment