Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Fabulous Finds: Silk Almond Creamer

I'm a teacher, so it pretty much goes without saying that coffee is my lifeblood. 

And as much as I'd like to be able to drink it black (aka calorie free), I can't.

Of course, the creamers I like are full of sugar.  And while I splurge every once in a while, on a daily basis, I'm aiming to be a bit more healthy.

I've been a convert to Silk unsweetened vanilla almond milk and the unsweetened coconut almond blend for a while now.  It's fewer calories, and while I don't have an issue with dairy, I find that I feel a little bit better when I use that as opposed to skim.  I also find it to be a bit more creamy.

So when I saw this in the store, I knew I had to try it.





I loved seeing the dairy, gluten and soy free label.  While I don't need to be "free" of any of those things, I do like to watch my intake.  And non - GMO is also a score. 

It's fewer calories than traditional creamers, clocking in at 20 calories per tbsp. serving.  For me, I do need to use 2 tablespoons but the ingredients are all readable so I feel ok about it.

It adds a nice creaminess to your coffee (or tea!), and a hint of sweetness from the vanilla.

I haven't seen it everywhere yet, but if you are a coffee lover, keep an eye out!

No comments:

Post a Comment