Thursday, April 30, 2015

Avocado and Goat Cheese Toast

I've been seeing the avocado toast / avocado and egg toast all over Pinterest.  And I love it.  Because anything avocado is okay in my book.

But honestly, I've never met any dish that goat cheese couldn't improve.

I loved this both with and without the egg (as you can see in the pic!).  The goat cheese adds a nice tang and compliments the avocado deliciously!

This is quick, easy and filling breakfast - sometimes I also cut the egg in half and have half on each slice of toast.  If you want to be even quicker, substitute a 100 calorie pack of Wholly Guacamole for the avocado!






Avocado and Goat Cheese Toast

1 half Haas avocado
2 slices multigrain bread
1/2 lemon (for juicing)
1 oz. crumbled goat cheese
Pinch red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
Egg (optional)

Toast the 2 slices of bread.  Mash the avocado half until creamy.  Squeeze the half lemon, add the pinch of red pepper flakes, and stir.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

Spread mixture evenly on the toast slices.  Divide the goat cheese in half on top of the avocado.  Top with egg if desired!

No comments:

Post a Comment