Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Snack Attack

I am a snacker. I've always been a snacker.  Which sometimes can be an issue, but in the last few years I've really made the effort to make my snacks of the healthy variety.

I'm also an elementary school teacher, and snack time is still a time honored tradition there, thankfully.  I eat breakfast right when I get up at 5:45 and lunch is at 11:45.  That's a long stretch, and around 10, I find myself needing a bit of a pick me up.

So I thought I'd share a few of my go-tos, things that are easy to pack and bring along as well as being healthy!





1.  Hummus - I love this protein packed snack so much, and I really haven't found a flavor I don't like.  I recently tried this one and really like bit of a spicy kick.  I generally have it with vegetables, like cucumbers or carrots, but sometimes, especially if I am gearing up for a longer workout or run, I'll dip a few pretzels in it.





2. Popcorn - this particular brand is a recent fave, but really any kind of portion controlled bag (important!) works for me.  If I'm bringing it to school, I will pop it in the morning, so it won't be hot, but it's still crunchy and that works for me.



3.  Hardboiled Egg - I love whipping up a batch on the weekends and having them for snacks throughout the week.  I have been trying to get more protein into my diet as a whole, as well as my snacks, and this is a perfect fit!



4.  Fresh Fruit - I'm not too picky when it comes to fruit, I pretty much will go with what's on sale and create my own little cup of fresh fruit salad.  When I eat fruit, I do need to pair it with a protein, so I either pack one of those hardboiled eggs or....





5.  Cheese Sticks - I've never made a cheese I didn't like.  Thank goodness for portion controlled sticks.  Again, that bump of protein is a great addition to fruit or veggies!



6.  Skim Latte - A caffeine boost with some skim dairy in one.  Some days you just need it.


Have any favorite snacks?  Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment