Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Gingerbread Pumpkin Cobbler

So, I'm sure it's no secret by this point that I love me some pumpkin.

But I'm also pretty seasonal, and we are heading into gingerbread territory pretty soon.

So why not combine the two?

This cobbler was adapted from this Snickerdoodle Pumpkin Cobbler.  I made a few changes, and I have to say it turned out delicious. I served it at room temperature but I've seen warmed up leftovers and it's a great fall night dessert!



Gingerbread Pumpkin Cobbler

1 can pumpkin
1 can evaporated milk
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 bag of gingerbread cookie mix (I didn't use the whole bag, probably around 3/4)
1/4 cup butter, cubed

Preheat oven to 350.

Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, sugar and salt.  Pour into a sprayed 11x7 dish.  Top with the 3/4 bag of gingerbread cookie mix and place the cubed butter evenly around the cookie mix.

Bake for 35-40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment