Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Strawberry Avocado Kiwi Salad

Let me be honest.  I'm not the biggest salad person in the world.

Unless you add fruit.  Fruit in salads is the way to get to my heart (or stomach, I suppose!)

This salad was inspired by the lettuce wraps I found in my cookbook of the week, The Busy Woman's Cookbook.  In that book, it was more of a wrap and used different lettuce and just seemed like more work. This was easy!  It serves 1 but could certainly be doubled or tripled for a meal.
 

It was actually perfect as a mid morning snack with a light string cheese, very refreshing and filling!



Strawberry Avocado Kiwi Salad
(Adapted from The Busy Woman's Cookbook)
Serves 1 - 3 Smartpoints 

5 romaine leaves, torn
1/2 cup strawberries, chopped
1 kiwi, peeled and chopped
1/4 of a large avocado, chopped (I weighed it, it was about 30g for those with a scale!)
1 tbsp. orange muscat champagne vinaigrette (or any light citrus dressing of choice)

Place leaves in a bowl, add strawberries, kiwi and avocado on top.  Lightly drizzle dressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment