Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Spinach and Pasta in Garlic and Oil

Super simple.

Nothing fancy.

But REALLY delicious.

I didn't overly season this because I wanted to be able to use it as an option for different things.  Several days I did it as a bed for an Italian seasoned chicken breast.  A couple nights I added a portion into some veggies I was frying up with some paprika and had it as a side dish.


The recipe made about 8 servings and each serving was 3 Smartpoints.  I really used a LOT more spinach than pasta to bulk it up!



Spinach and Pasta in Garlic and Oil
8 servings - 3 Smartpoints per serving

2 cloves minced garlic
12 oz chopped frozen spinach, thawed
6 oz whole wheat or protein pasta (I weighed it uncooked and used the points from that)
2 TBSP. extra virgin olive oil.
Salt and pepper to taste

Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.  Heat oil in skillet and add in garlic, stirring until slightly browned.

Add in spinach and cook until warmed through.  Add in pasta and toss until coated.  Salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment