Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Peanut Butter Protein Overnight Oats

I'm a big fan of overnight oats.  I mean it's served in a mason jar.  What's not to love?

It's a great make ahead and it's super filling, particularly this recipe. 

There are many different variations of overnight oats out there, but I love adding Greek yogurt to mine.  It ups the protein and I love the creamy, thick texture it adds.  I use 2%, because I'm trying to steer away from fat free stuff and more toward reduced or full fat more natural products, but it would be just as delicious with fat free if that is your choice!

I also added a scoop of Quest Peanut Butter protein powder.  I'm a BIG fan of the Quest powders, I find they taste really really good, not at all "protein-y".  And they are soy free, which is a big score. 






Peanut Butter Protein Overnight Oats
1 serving - 6 Smartpoints

1/3 cup oats
1/3 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond cashew milk
1 banana
1 scoop Quest Peanut Butter protein powder

Mash banana in a separate bowl.  Combine all ingredients in mason jar until combined.  Chill overnight.

I topped mine with 1 Smartpoint worth of pumpkin flax granola for crunch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment