Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Roasted Butternut Squash

I'm going to be real.  I was never a big fan of vegetables.

I ate corn on the cob here, carrots there, but I never loved them.

As I've gotten older, I have definitely grown to love many more veggies.  Brussel sprouts are my jam, broccoli, zucchini, asparagus all routinely grace my plate.

Another one I really now love is butternut squash.  Not only is the pureed type a great substitute in macaroni and cheese, but it's delicious simply roasted with some spices.

Truth?  I bought it already cubed.  But you could certainly but a full squash and chop it if you are so inclined!

This quick and easy side dish has a smoky, slightly spicy flavor that contrasts nicely with the sweetness of the butternut squash.



Roasted Butternut Squash
Serves 2 - 0 Smartpoints per serving

3 cups cubed butternut squash
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon cumin

Preheat oven to 450.  Mist a cookie sheet with cooking spray.  In a bowl, toss squash and spices, then spread in a single layer on sheet.  Lightly mist cooking spray on top.  Bake for 15-20 minutes (cooking time may vary depending on the size of your squash cubes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment