Monday, January 23, 2017

Cocoa Oats





I'm very seasonal when it comes to breakfasts.

Spring and summer?  I'm all about the smoothies.

Fall and winter?  Give me all the hot breakfasts.

While most days it's avocado toast with an egg, I do get cravings for a hearty bowl of oatmeal.

And apparently, the secret to this, which I literally just found out, is to add more liquid than called for.  Makes the oats fluffy and bigger, hence more filling.  While it does take a bit longer to cook, it's totally worth it.

This bowl is loaded with chocolatey goodness.  I added some Vital Proteins collagen peptides in the recipe, which is totally optional.  I've been using it for a few weeks now and I have to say, definitely seeing a difference in my hair and nails!

Of course, the great thing about oatmeal is being able to top it with whatever you want!  I topped this one with some almond butter, some banana, and some Trader Joe's super seed blend (which I am obsessed with!).





Cocoa Oats
Serves 1

1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1 tbsp. cocoa powder
1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
1 tsp. extra virgin coconut oil
1 scoop collagen peptides (optional)

In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil.  Add in oats and reduce heat, stirring occasionally as the oats cook.  (Mine took about 7-10 minutes until it was a nice thick consistency)  Once the oats are at the consistency you like, remove from heat and stir in coconut oil until melted.  Then, add the collagen, maple syrup, and cocoa, and stir well until combined.

Pour into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings!

1 comment:

  1. Wow thats really amazing I have heard a new app spotify premium apk android this app is great and I have started looking at it.Thanks for the help and suggesting the matter I will go forward with it.Keep publishing and writing new article.

    ReplyDelete