Thursday, February 9, 2017

Banana Tahini Smoothie

I know what you are thinking.

Tahini?  In a smoothie?

Sounds weird.  I mean, when I think of tahini, I'm thinking hummus.  I'm thinking savory.

But not a smoothie.

However, I saw @thymeandtoast on Instagram putting tahini in smoothies and raving so I was like, ok, why not give it a shot?

So, on this snowy day (which equaled a snow day from work for me!), after my workout, I totally wanted a smoothie.  I had tahini so I figured, what better day to experiment?

The result was a super creamy smoothie that wasn't overly sweet and had hints of savory.  Suffice to say, I'm obsessed.

(Real talk - ignore the nails - they are recovering from weeks of gels.  Seriously, I need a manicure!)

I topped mine with a sprinkle of the Trader Joe's Super Seed Blend which I'm legit obsessed with.  Perfect topping for smoothies or a mix-in for yogurt!

Banana Tahini Smoothie
Serves 1

1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
1 frozen banana
1 tbsp. tahini
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 scoop Vital Proteins collagen peptides (optional)

Combine and blend!  Top with whatever you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment