Saturday, July 12, 2014

The Love List: The AquaZinger

Confession.  Not a water lover.  Sure, I drink it (especially when running), but it isn't my favorite at all.

And yet I know, to continue being healthy and doing any of the Beachbody programs I do, I need to do just that.

So, while shopping for Father's Day, I had come across this water bottle called an AquaZinger.  Basically the claim was you could make your own water infusions using fresh ingredients and not have all the artificial sweetener and chemicals you may find in a lot of flavored waters.

Well I picked on up for Dad for Father's Day, and finally picked myself up one at the end of the school year.

I have to say?  I'm sold.  It's a nice looking water bottle, but more importantly, it really does work.





So basically step one?  Take it apart.




As you can see in that bottom piece, there are metal spikes that stick up, and on the corresponding top there are spikes that go the opposite way.

So, you take whatever fruit (or veggies or herbs) that you want and fill that bottom cup.


Then place the top piece on an turn several times to mash up the fruit and get those fresh fruit juices out.



Then screw that whole portion on to the top of the bottle, fill with water, and give it a shake.  

Now, this is definitely something I do ahead of time.  The longer it sits, the better and more flavorful the water is.  So I tend to make it the night before, and then grab it chilled out of the fridge before work the next morning.

So far, I've tried both raspberries and blueberries and have loved both.  It definitely makes drinking that water more enjoyable.

For those interested, I've seen it at Brookstone, but I just ordered mine on Amazon.

Who knew you could make water healthy AND exciting?



No comments:

Post a Comment